Make your own free website on Tripod.com
Home
How This Happened
Getting It Here
I Bought It
It Lands In The USA
It's here!
First Year Fun
So Now What?
Additional Parts
Latest News
Beginning Work
Window Removal
Metal Removal
Engine Removal
The Mad Max Interceptor
The Mad Max Movie
That Incredible Blower
Finished Replicas
XA to XC Falcons
Contact Me
My Wife's Incredible 1966 Mustang
My Custom Car Parts Company
Customizing Corner Message Board
Links

metalremove.jpg

The first metal part I removed was the driver's door. Remember, that's on the right side. I took the door apart before I removed it. I removed all the window mechanism and handles and latching mechanism. I found the door is going to need some work.

doorgone.jpg

In this picture you can see the door handle and lock cylinder holes from the inside. These are in great shape and was something I was concerned about before seeing.

handle1.jpg

That was the good news. The bad news is that the door latch area has rusted away in some critical parts. A tip off was when I had to break out some plastic body filler to get to a screw that was covered and painted over (bottom left).

latch1.jpg

As you can see in this picture metal work is going to have to be done to this tricky area. The holes in the new part have to be located just right. They also have to be countersunk in order to provide locating duties. Luckily I found a source on how to do this repair. In the years to come we will see how well I do.

latch2.jpg

Now we will move on to the fender.

next1.gif